fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

How Long

How Long


I can hear the tick of the clock
Too close to my head
It’s giving me a headache
To think of all the
Tick Tocks I’ve ever heard
Only a second counted,
Now, didn’t it?
Once long ago it was like
A bomb went off inside of me
And everyone left
Wish I could have withstood the blast
Instead
I shattered like an ordinary sheet of glass
Wishing I could put it all back together
I wish I could lie
And I wish I didn’t care
But wishes don’t count
When
I can hear the tick of that clock
Still close to my head
Maybe if I couldn’t hear the seconds pass
I wouldn’t have to ask
How long...
Till I feel whole again

© 1998 April M Mitchell

1 COMMENTS (click here!):

Kristy Quinn said...

Very sad but very beautiful... I've felt like that many times in my life

Post a Comment

What do you think?