fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Spiritual Sundays: The Power of Gratitude




Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
~ Melody Beattie

I am short on time to make my Spiritual Sunday post, but I wanted to write something today. I am short on time becuase my husband Levi is home today. We haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks. He is working as a long-haul truck driver. He has been doing it for a year now, due to some job losses and financial issues. I am very grateful he has this job, even though it can be a hard life. Many people ask me about how I can do it. How can I stand having my husband gone for so long, raising four boys practically alone? I tell you it is not of my own strength that I do this, I am NOT alone. I give great gratitude to my Heavenly Father and to my Savior Jesus Christ, without the gifts and comfort of the Holy Ghost, I would not be able to bear it.


This quote is my one of my very favorite. It sums up my life I think. I have never had anything come easily to me in life, it seems that it has been a constant struggle. I'm sure it is that way for many people.  I won't bore you with all my trivial trials and circumstances, but I can tell you one thing, that gratitude is clearly the key to putting it all in perspective. I can literally go through this quote and name examples of each of these points happening in my own life at some time. 

I just wanted to express my personal gratitude for all the challenges, trials, and problems I have been given the oppurtunity to overcome by a loving Heavenly Father. He does NOT bring contention, sin, sorrow, or pain into our lives. But he does not always prevent them (because he can, he has that power). He allows the things of this world to affect us, to test us, and to try us. I am grateful for this blessing. Because of this I am stronger because I do not rely on myself but on a greater power. I have more faith, because I have tested it time and time again. Just when I have thought all was lost, he has made a way for me to solve, overcome, cope or simply to bear my problems with peace and understanding in my heart. I am grateful for his love, mercy, and wisdom and that has made all the difference.







Spiritual Sundays
Join Us


 

6 COMMENTS (click here!):

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

These challenges in life brings us close to God. It is so hard to find work today, that your husband has been blessed to have a job. I will pray for you because I'm sure it is hard because of this type of job. I'm glad that you found some time to post this today.
Blessings,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

I was getting ready to go to bed, but stopped back by Spiritual Sundays again and I'm glad I did. I would have seen your post tomorrow, but I'm glad I saw it tonight. It is so insightful. I really like the quote on gratitude. My Dad was a trucker. He drove his truck until he was in his 70s. It's a hard life, but he loved it.
I think Ambitious April is a good name for you. Sounds like you are more than able to tackle whatever comes your way with the help of the trinity.
Blessings to you and your family,
Charlotte

Debbie said...

I almost did not check back on the Spiritual Sundays post list, but I had some extra time this morning and decided to. I am soo glad I did as I would have missed yours. What a blessing this was to read. I agree with you 100%. Life will always throw at us anything it can think of to slow us done or mess us up...But we can ALWAYS find things to be grateful for, and like you I have discovered what a wonderful difference this makes in your prospective and out look on life. Thanks for sharing this. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Debbie

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

I am grateful I have a meal and a drink -
As I am nourished.
I am grateful I have time to think -
As I have flourished.
I am grateful to a humble wife -
For your expression.
I am grateful she appreciates life
And teaches this lesson.
I am grateful to christianity
For its love, peace and care.
I am grateful for having sanity
Rather than mental flare.
I am grateful for all that is good -
As a humane person honestly should.

We endure lots of suffering in life,
It is part and parcel of strife.
But when we open our eyes to see,
There is so much hardship than 'me'.
To have unconditional love 'is' great,
It should be in each of us inate.

A lesson taught is wisdom gained. A beautiful quote. I do not pray, but I wish you all the luck in the world. Thank you. Take care. Bye.

A Little Of This And That said...

"I can do all things through Christ..."

Renee said...

I love this quote...and I really like Melody Beattie. Thanks for sharing. God bless you and yours.

Post a Comment

What do you think?