fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Open-hearted



Image by


Open-hearted


I cannot touch your heart
Seemingly just out of my reach
I had thought for some time now
That I’d held it
Safe within my clinched fingers
I’d held it tightly
Warm
Passionate
All mine
Strange, as your affections seemed to cool
I could feel my hands empty
Reflexively I grabbed at your heart
Losing all control
It fell through my fingers like sand
And I was left with dust
Blown about in the wind
I am anchored to this place
Your heart was just passing through

April M Mitchell ©January 2010

1 COMMENTS (click here!):

Kristy Quinn said...

I think: Beautiful <3

Post a Comment

What do you think?