fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Things That Make You Go "Hmm" #4

I have two this time...

#1
We had Hot cocoa tonight and  I drank mine out of this handy dandy ceramic mug. It was a gift to my husband from a coworker way back when we were engaged. He worked a temp job at Hewlett Packard in Boise (it's closed now). He was part of a team that assembled and packed a certain model of printer, to be specific the HP Color Laser Jet 5/5 M Printer.
You may ask " How do you know this? That seems something rather silly to remember."
You would be completely right.
He only worked there 6 months and that printer is seriously outdated now. All the ones they made are probably in some landfill now adding to our techno-junk problem.
WELL-
The co-worker, a lovely lady with a particular passion for ceramics, painted everyone who worked on the printer team their very own commemorative mug. It was complete with a hand painted and detailed printer illustration, catchy work phases they used while working  like "referbs", and the model of the printer along with it's final day of production. I can only imagine how long these must have taken her to paint and fire. It was totally cute and kind of weird.
The weirdest part yet is-
We still have this mug some 12 years later and here I am drinking my Hot Cocoa out of a mug with an ancient printer painted on the side. Hmmm...


#2

I've been working on this pencil drawing of my niece Chyanne from a school photo of her for 3 days now. I just draw a bit at night to help me relax before bed. Well I left all my materials and my sketch book out on my night stand. I hit the ground running the next day without putting them away. That afternoon I went in my room to find this. I was a bit sad and even more sad that no one has admitted to it. (I am sure it was one of my boys) I didn't like the way her lips had been turning out anyway. but still it was like being vandalized. Not sure what to do about it... thinking I will just let it go. Hmmm...
 



0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?