fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

New Year, New Focus

 
I've never been one for the whole idea of making New Years Resolutions. They always seem more like a list of promises to ourselves we never really mean to keep or a rough draft of our lives for the next year that never actually gets published. They have an "It was a great idea, but I never actually got it down on paper." feel to them.

Alas, this year I find my attitude toward them changing. I have some things I would like to get done this year-more serious then organizing the garage (FINALLY!). I just feel the momentum building up.

For me the timing of this new year is just right. We moved back to the 'big city' in August. We unpacked, set up shop, and got to work with out much reflection. I knew life would not wait while I analyzed our new location and life here. We just jumped in feet first (which is the safest way to jump into anything) and began our life here September 1st after 5 days of unpacking.

We've been attending our new church ward for 4 months now. The school year for our homeschool Charter school started on September 9th. The boys were promptly enrolled in lessons in September also. Our days began to fill and I began to fell like we were on a roller coaster with no end in sight.

I hate that feeling...going somewhere but not really sure where. I am not a huge SURPRISE! person. I like to know when I get in a car, where I am going, how to get there, and why I am going. (ask my husband who is finally getting the hint...surprises are bad). Same with life. I love the security of having as much information and planning done ahead of time. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for me (it's hard to decide some day) I'm not on this journey alone. I've got some other passengers and often they like to drive too. They are along for the crazy ride I like to call MY LIFE. So having these other people (my family) along can complicate things...especially when we are all yanking the wheel in different directions or as the case usually is we all want to be somewhere different but at the same time. Not to mention all the road hazards that seem to be in the way (like job losses).

I even have the same exact battle with myself I am wanting to be doing and being 3 or 4 different things at once. What's a mom, wife, homeschooler, writer, etc,  supposed to do? Well I think I've found it!!

FOCUS!! for the low, low cost of $19.95 you too can gain FOCUS in the New Year. This revolutionary new idea is brought you by me and for today ONLY...I'll waive the shipping and handling....Well heck! I'll just GIVE it to you for FREE!!



Focus is like your destination. Where are you headed? Better yet, Where do you want to go?
SO gaining focus....lets take a look-

In the dictionary...

fo⋅cus [foh-kuhs]

It can be a noun that can mean a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity. Or in Physics it means a point at which rays of light, heat, or other radiation, meet after being refracted or reflected. In Optics it can mean the clear and sharply defined condition of an image.

Or as a verb it can mean to concentrate.

Origin:1635–45; < L: fireplace, hearth

Synonyms:

1. center, heart, core, nucleus.


from Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source

Finding your focus is gonna take a little thought cause all those directions your being pulled in have to get you to the same place eventually. Like in Physics all those rays of light are going to have to meet sometime. Your focus needs to be sharp and clearly defined. Your going to have to concentrate to find your focus, and then concentrate on it often so you don't get side-tracked (like spending your lunch break on Facebook). It'll be like a fireplace, after a long hard day your gonna be warmed by the thought that you stayed on track with what you really wanted.


Unfortunately for you, I can't tell you what your personal or family focus should be. Don't you just hate that! All those self help books and articles out there offering advice and answers-just to tell you, you have to make the decisions and do all the hard work yourself. What the heck? 


Alas, I too must tell you to do the hard work of actually coming up with a focus for your year. I can give you some tips though.
 Wishing you a great 2010 full of FOCUS power!


 

0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?