fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

My Friend the Thesaurus

Dear Thesaurus.com,

Thank you! You have been a true friend. Even though I can never seem to spell your name right, there you are when I call. Google pulls you up every time. You are like a bright candle in a dark room. Helping me to find the words I have lost. You spice up my life, like no one can. You turn my disappointment to discontent to disillusionment...and those sound better don't you think? You have saved my writing from the monstrosity that is a first draft and made the revision process delectable. Really...You ROCK!!

Love,
Me

1 COMMENTS (click here!):

Katherine said...

I love the thesaurus, too! I have a well-worn paperback Roget's Thesaurus that is my writing joy. I don't read it just for fun (at least not anymore) but I do love finding the perfect word.

Post a Comment

What do you think?