fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Live

Henry David Thoreau said, “How vain it is to sit down to write,when you have not stood up to live.”

I must say, I love this quote. It really is kind of sad that it is a good reminder for me. Sometimes we writer/creative types spend so much time living within ourselves. We think, we ruminate, we feel the need to show the world what WE think, and we are passionate about sharing what is inside us. All those are great and fine, but when you aren't living, what new things do you have to share? You become disconnected from the world, who is supposed to be your audience. I need to be more about observation sometimes and less about what I think. Will it make my writing better? Most definitely! Will it make my life better? It couldn't hurt! 

0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?