fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Spring



I just LOVE Spring, don't you? It seems like the world just comes alive-literally. After a long winter of reflection and often drudgery, Spring inspires us to get moving and look at things in a new way. I know most people make resolutions in January during the new year. It always feels so unnatural to me. I have always seen April as my true New Year. Helps that it is also my name. Did you know the name April comes from the Latin aperire which means "to open"...like flowers? Well I think it can also mean to be open to change and new things,which I'm not always so fond of. Change can be hard. New things can be scary. I've learned in the last 10 years that sometimes change and new things can be very, very good especially if your open to them. The more you fight it the worst it can seem.  God works in strange ways and often you feel like your life is spinning out of control when really if you'd just let go and let God-amazing things are in store for you.

3 COMMENTS (click here!):

Xuxana said...

Yes! *Does air punch* I love Spring! Perfect weather, not to hot not too cold. The sun's just come out after a long dreary winter. Spring time is my fave season :)

Jen said...

Is that snow?? I love the tulips are still blooming even while the snow lingers!!! Beautiful picture!

April Mitchell said...

Hi Jen! They are yellow crocuses, they are usually the first flowers to bloom in spring, often times, even as snow is still laying on the ground. They always remind me of hope.

Post a Comment

What do you think?