fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Instant Turkey


The week after Thanksgiving,I was alone at the grocery store and I saw the turkey's were really cheap. I decided to get one and cook it. I also picked up some Reynold's Oven Bags, these take the work out of cooking a turkey, no mindless basting, and checking on the turkey. Kaleb came into the kitchen and asked what I was doing, I said, "Just cooking a turkey." "Oh." he said as he continued to watch. I got one of the Reynolds bags out and added the 2 Tablespoons of flour, as per the direction, and started shaking it. Then I busied myself getting the big roasting pan out. The turkey was still sitting in the deep sink. Kaleb lost interest and moved on to playing. A few hours later... I am taking the turkey, all golden brown out of the oven. Kaleb comes in and comments on the yummy smell. He then gets a look of absolute amazement on his face, and yells "Wow! that is SOOO cool!! You just put some flour in that bag, shook it, and cooked it and it grows a turkey! That is so cool!" I couldn't answer him, because I was laughing too hard.

3 COMMENTS (click here!):

Emily said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha That is TOO funny!

Arya said...

That is just too funny!! If only it were true, but his perspective is one to cherish for years to come.

Ganine said...

That is hilarious!!

Post a Comment

What do you think?