fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Spiritual Sunday: Friendship

I just thought this quote was cute. Not all of us were blessed with good strong family relationships and the fact still remains that as humans we need to be loved, accepted, uplifted, and nurtured by others. Friends are the special people in our lives that do this without any obligation. Unlike families who are 'supposed' to fill these roles, friends do it because they love you for you and they choose it.

I have been so blessed in my life to have some pretty amazing friends. These strong, passionate, and hopeful women have been like angels sprinkled throughout my life. Friends have always been important to me. We moved quite a bit when I was growing up, making a slow pilgrimage across Florida, to Oklahoma, then to Idaho. I used to loathe that first day of school, having to be new. I always felt like Alice staring through the looking glass, a strange outsider peeking into world where there never seemed to be any space for me in it. I have spoken often the prayer for God to grant me a single friend and I have always received the answer of a loving friendship, sometimes from unlikely sources. These amazing friendships have brought me joy, peace, and comfort along with a great deal of fun and memories. 

This life is hard and friends are just one more way God has provided a way for us to make our way through. Thanks to all  my  friends who have lifted me up and comforted me when I needed it most, often in just small and simple ways that have made all the difference.


"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. "
— 4:9-10
 

2 COMMENTS (click here!):

Whidbey Woman said...

Oh, yes- Thank God for friends. Even if you have a loving family, they are able to support you in a special and different way.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a sweet~~sweet post on friendship. Yes, it is so nice of the Lord to give us friends.
Blessings,
Ginger

Post a Comment

What do you think?