fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Love One Another

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" - John 13:34-35




Sometimes God speaks to my heart, not in some booming voice, or even a fluttering spiritual whisper, but through the world around me. Lately, through tv, the radio, songs, magazines, books, and others around me-I am picking up a clear message about judgment. We are not asked to judge, merely to love.

I often find myself thinking,That person has choosen a bad life. It's really all their fault they are in the situation they are in and having the trials they face. It's so easy to discount them as people, to minimize them, and categorize them into a little box marked JUDGED AND FOUND WANTING.
The truth of it is we are all children of God. The THEY's in our life deserve just as much as any of us do. We all deserve all the blessings of heaven, in spite of who we are, what we have done, where we live and what we believe. We are not asked to judge one another, only to love.

I was visiting my sister and we bumped into a friend of hers. He was leading a less than desirable lifestyle. As I stood their while they talked and caught up with one another, he suddenly turned to me. In the most humblest of voices he said, "Please,Don't judge me." I was totally taken aback. I hadn't said a word. I really hadn't thought I was judging him. Then after thinking on it, I had judged him after all. I had felt sorry for him. Sorry that he was so weak and in that single judging thought I had failed to love him.

The most we can do for one another, is to love one another. Loving one another is so simple, so profound, and so very hard to do sometimes. We are not somehow tainted by one another. If we reached out and touched someone, just to love them, we ourselves would not be infected by their life. We must not let Satan's most powerful tool, fear, prevent us from fulfilling such a simple commandment. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?