fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Coffee Shop Experiences

Dear cute tutor guy at the coffee shop,
I was just there to pick up my son from Pokemon League. Our meetings seemed like a sort of steamed milk fantasy, but then went sour. I appreciate the lovely eye contact given to me twice and especially the smile. It was a huge boost to the ego of this 28 year old mother of four. I also appreciated your five O'clock shadow at 3pm and your rugged 30ish year old nerdy good looks.  But alas I am married. It really wouldn't have worked out anyway. You looked so bored there tutoring that poor 12 year old boy struggling in math-it was a real turn off for me. The way your demeanor just echoed- I only took this job as a tutor to help my resume look better. I'm not into guys that only help others to help themselves.
~Me

2 COMMENTS (click here!):

Mystic Paradigm said...

Maybe the guy was just tired from the day's work. I think reaching on a conclusion on a first sight may not be fair towards the guy.

April Mitchell said...

Ah! But aren't all our interactions with strangers based on quick conclusions?

Post a Comment

What do you think?