fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Intentions

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” ~ Douglas Adams (comedian)

I feel like this quote, pretty much sums up my life. I have had many dreams and lofty expectations,and have been sorely disappointed when I did not get my way, but in the end I end up where I need to be and am happy. I do not however go without a fight sometimes. I have often wondered where God was taking me, and why I had to go through some of the trials in my life. I have screamed aloud "Why Me!?" and then in the end have been so grateful for those moments, and in looking back have seen the why behind things. Sometimes life is not a destination,not a goal to reach- It is the journey-the processes of life that are it's true purpose. I know that God has a plan for my life, it is not always my plan and it is often far from anything I intended for myself. The greatest lesson I have learned is not to stop planning for the future and to just let things go where they may, but to pray for Gods direction in my life. Where do you want me Lord and what can I do for you today?

I have been so blessed that through my own misguided intentions, God has taken them and shown me a better way.

0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?