fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

In the Kitchen...

If I can make out a meal plan, then I can make out a grocery list. These are amazing time and cost saving tools-the meal plan and the grocery list. If I know what meals I can prepare, I am more likely to actually cook. I can avoid that 4 o'clock panic and the agonizing question of  "What's for dinner?" When I bring an organized list into the grocery store I am 100% more likely to pick up exactly what I need. I avoid those impulse buys by only buying what is on the list. To the annoying child begging for random goodies on a low shelf I say, " Well, let me check the list...hmm...well looks like it's not here..so I'm sorry I can't buy it. Maybe we can put it on the list next time."
You see I've got a decent system going. My only dilemma has been the elusive meal planning sheet to hang on the fridge. I've tried a few of the ones I found online but they just don't seem to be a good fit. Alot of them just focus on dinner and dessert. Many don't include the most major meals in my home...snack time.
My other problem these forms want you to pick a certain day for each meal. What if it says Meatloaf for Saturday and Saturday comes around and I really want what we are having for dinner on Sunday instead. That is a mini-crisis. Do I dare defy the order of the meals.
Well just like everything in my life...if I want something done right I better just do it myself. So, I created my own AMAZING meal chart and an equally AMAZING grocery list sheet. I was able to do all of this because, lets be honest, I am rather AMAZING.

So the key to my AMAZING meal planner is that you do NOT have to pick a day. I'm serious here people! Most weeks we will eat roughly 7 dinners, lunches, breakfasts and 14 snacks. You just make a list and then you check off the meals you've used up as you go.

After I've made the meal plan, I make the grocery list. Listing what I need for each meal it it's respective grocery store aisle sections on my Grocery List Sheet. I then go to the kitchen and double check that I don't already have items and add staples we are out of...like ketchup. Then I take my handy dandy Grocery List to the store with me.


0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?