fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Right now...

Right now I am lying in the grass at Kliener Park staring at the grey-blue and cloudless sky. I can smell the grass and the soil beaneth and it makes me feel grounded to this spot. I close my eyes and listen to the sounds around me. The boys are rolling down a nearbhill, they cry out in joy as they tumble down, picking up momentum. Small children talk and shout as they play. Running steps echo across the concrete. Parents chat in small groups or speak in cheery tones to small children. A dog barks somewhere in the distance. I hear birds. I open my eyes. The light in the sky is shifting as the sun sets.  The air cools slightly and the moment has passed.


0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?