fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin', Plannin' and Dreamin'...

Ok, I am probably making this WAY harder than it really is or needs to be, but I gotta have a plan or else all chaos breaks loose with four boys. It is kind of like how dogs can smell fear, little boys can tell when you are unprepared and then take advantage of it.

'Oh look, Mom doesn't have anything planned for me to do! While she is working with my brother...I think I'll see if that hanging light over the dinning room can hold my weight.'



I need to have at least a brief outline of what and who I am teaching each day ahead of time. I can always alter it later depending on what we ACTUALLY get done. I've learned over the last 6 years homeschooling-what we plan to do that day and what we actually get done and two different things. Thank you dear Lord, for erasers. I'm excited that using the CM methods will reduce the actual 'teaching' time and save me possibly hours a day,but I still gotta have a plan.  After all ....“To be prepared is half the victory.”~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

I'm including these first drafts of my planning and planner pages in hopes that they may help or inspire others. I am so grateful to all the homeschool mom's who have put up samples of their planers and schedules. It is always nice to have something to look at and get ideas from.

Chart with CM Subjects listed
Includes categorizing them by disciplinary or inspirational,Subjects done together or individually, how often they should be taught, if they need moms help or can work independently on that subject, ages to start, if they need narrated, and curriculum source.
I tried to stick closely to CM recommendations. I used the book When Children Love to Learn: A Practical Application of Charlotte Mason's Philosophy for Today
and the AO website to help me.

Weekly School Planner Pages:
Includes 2 individual planning pages that I'll fill in per child per week and will put on clipboards on each boys shelf with books. And also a page for subjects and things we do together that I will keep on a shelf with the materials and books needed for me.

1 COMMENTS (click here!):

Michelle said...

I love your weekly planner pages! I do something similar, but I put it into a teacher's planner. Mine isn't quite as thorough as yours. Thanks for sharing! My computer skills aren't the best :-)

Post a Comment

What do you think?