fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

10 Year High School Reunion

My 10 Year High School Reunion was Friday night. I say 'my' lightly as I technically did not graduate with my class, I graduated early and was already attending college my senior year. If you know me...you know my sorted past as a pregnant teen, turned Happily Ever After...or maybe you don't because I don't like to talk about it really. Long story short, Levi and I started dating the Summer of my Freshman year in Highschool, I gave birth to Josef-October of my Junior year and I cashed in my credits and moved on to college by Senior year. 15 months later we got married and lived Happily Ever After...for 10 years at least. Anyway, so the class I would have graduated in had their 10 year class reunion.

I wasn't gonna go, but Sara my friend from High School talked me into it. I'm glad I went, it was interesting.

So I was envisioning Romie and Michelle's High School Reunion, or maybe something like Peggy Sue Gotarried...but alas, it was just like high school just 10 years later. And THANK HEAVENS! I did not faint and wake up 16 again (like in Peggy Sue).



I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even remember most of the people though. And there were a ton of people I WANTED to see that didn't show, so that was disappointing.
I think I'll have my own personal 10 year reunion and invite those people and the ones I knew from other schools,etc. I'll call it April's Blast From the Past Extravaganza.

It was fun to see the people I had once known and the ones I spent 3 years of my life attending classes with and just say "Hey, I'm still around 10 years later. A few pounds heavier and a little dented from the real world...but still here!"

I also enjoyed the reflection the anniversary brought on. The thoughts of what I've done with my life in the last 10 years. So much has changed in my life and I've grown so much in so many ways. I'd like to think that last night everyone else was reflecting on that too...and also on how much more we need to grow and just LIVE!

Although it was nice to look back, I was SO glad to come home to my real life. My awesome boys (who loved seeing Mommy dress up a bit and stepping out) are what I've done the last 10 years, having them, nursing them, raising them...I'd do it all over again-just to see their sweet faces every day.





0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?