fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Together

Together

my hand touches yours
yours presses against mine
then we wrap our fingers about our hands
we hold on to one another in this way
subtly we are giving and taking
as we sit there
waiting
my heart fills and empties with you
your love like a breathe
slow, steady, rhythmic
you rise and I place my other hand in yours
you pull me up and place your arm around my waist
you steady me
I bring my arm atop your strong shoulder
and we begin to move
our feet together and then apart
I follow your lead
then suddenly spin off
I return and you are there
we sway side to side
we take one step forward
two steps backward
again and again we dance on
time flows around us like a swift stream
blue, cold, constant
behind us, we can barely see where we began
you suddenly stop our movement
placing your hands along my face
you whisper, your breathe hot and sweet on my face
"everything will be OK."
and time stops
we are there again
in the waiting room
waiting

© June 2009 April Mitchell

0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?