fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Use Me Lord



I love this song. Sometimes I feel like I don't serve others enough; between homeschooling and regular family activities-where do I find the time? When the boys were younger I started to pray, everyday, that God would use me to serve others. I began to look for small ways to serve others around me; Brownies to a neighbor, letting someone cut in line or just smiling. Service does not always have to be some huge life altering task you have performed, it is often just simple day to day blessings that you give to those around you. I still pray that prayer and God has truly opened up opportunities for me to serve that fit into my life.

Along with serving others, God has taught me how to let others serve me. I am so bad at accepting help, but getting better at receiving it graciously. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness; it is a sign of humility. It allows others the chance to love you more greatly and in profound and meaningful ways.

I can honestly say the people I love the most are those I have served. Sometimes I did not love them right away, but I learned to love them through the service I gave them.

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17

1 COMMENTS (click here!):

breymom said...

You are so amazing I love ya thanks for serving me & lovin me!

Post a Comment

What do you think?