fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Unraveling

Friday, July 18, 2008

Unraveling
by April Mitchell


I don’t unravel
I am the helper- the friend-the one who rescues
Others unraveling around me
They gush threads of hurt, and lost hope, and misunderstanding before me
I wind their strings up and tuck them in neatly
“There that’s better.”
I help them mend the broken threads and hem the tears
“See, everything will be ok, your alright, I am here for you.”
Then in the middle of this room
In front of everyone
I am unraveling
They do not notice
As bits of me fall away
And I am frantically trying to keep myself together
It is taking so much of me, so very much of me, to not let them see
I can’t let them see the ME- that is unraveling
Just pick up the pieces- I tell myself
Stuff them anywhere
As long as no ones knows
Everything will be fine…
Right?

0 COMMENTS (click here!):

Post a Comment

What do you think?