fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

In the Moment



I stop and I look about me. I'm trying to take it all in, this moment, this time in my life. I know tomorrow I will wake up and it will all be different. They will be changed, these children of mine, like bits of my own heart running about.

Right now Oliver is 4 and today he had an old camera bag. He began collecting objects from all over the house. He carried the bag with him all day like a protected treasure. After they had gone to bed I found it laying on the floor, full to the brim with odds and ends. I did not have the heart to empty his days work.

Kaleb, a sweet 5 and fleeting. He gives life everything and hold nothing back of himself. He is always so generous and honest in his feelings and his ways. May he forever stay so enthusiastic and undiminished by the world. A light in the dark.

My vulnerable Ian, a young 8. So sensitive and delicate, always expecting the best in everyone. I know he struggles to swim in a world that is so overwhelming at times. He survives through his creativity and faith. He is so quick to love and so gentle, yet he has strength even he doesn't know he possesses.

My sturdy Josef, living in his black and white world. He is in such a hurry to grow up and be apart of the wide world,so full of the grey. I love those small moments when he finds such joy in childhood, my heart yells out to him to stay just a bit longer here.

Tomorrow these things will change and they will grow up and up.I will just take in the moments, as my own small treasures, to hide away in a special place in my heart.

3 COMMENTS (click here!):

Arya said...

These moments do go bye so fast. If you blink you miss them and isn't it a joy when you take a moment to enjoy the daily bliss of being a mother. It really is a fleeting time.

Penny said...

You said this so very well!!! I especially love the first paragraph!
"I stop and I look about me. I'm trying to take it all in, this moment, this time in my life. I know tomorrow I will wake up and it will all be different. They will be changed, these children of mine, like bits of my own heart running about."
It is so very true. We must savor the moments. They grow so quickly. I am seeing my middle son change from a boy, slowly into a young man with his 13th birthday looming ominously on the other side of summer. Where does the time go? Penny

Ganine said...

Wonderfully written and sooo true!!

Post a Comment

What do you think?