fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Small Towns Fuel OCD




A Little background first-So if you know me, you know that I went through a bad postpartum depression after my last child Oliver. I spent my time in therapy and on Prozac. I highly recommend everyone go to therapy at some time in their lifetime-it was a truly enlightening experience for me. Not that I was crazy or anything, you just learn lots about yourself and relationships. Of course a good therapist is needed! Thankfully I have gotten things under control now and am able to keep depression at bay with St. John's Wort, exercises, and a little TLC when I feel down.

So about therapy...I was told I have an Obsessive Compulsive Personality, this does not mean I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) like Monk. It does mean that I have a tendency to seek perfection from myself and others (type A), I have high expectations. I naturally pay close attention to details, which can cause anxiety. I like to know what to expect of myself and others, this makes things like meeting new people and going new places stressful sometimes.

All that being said, I am so grateful to live in a small town that caters to my OCD! I love that every time I go the gas station the same man is there at checkout, along with the bag boy at Ridley's, our Payette librarians and the postal workers at the Post Office. I love that the gas station guy always knows that I buy a Sunday paper when I fill up on Thursdays and he adds it to my total before I even tell him. This and other conveniences of routine, help to alleviate my anxiety and worry and fuel my desire for sameness life.

So I say, OCD people of the world-move to a small town! You'll feel SO much better.

1 COMMENTS (click here!):

breymom said...

That is "small town" stuff! I've never lived that far out LOL I'm gearing up for it though!

Post a Comment

What do you think?