fiance, student, homeschool retiree, preschool teacher wannabe, Senior Living Coordinator, writer of many things unsaid, blogger, lover of the creative, most cheerful depressed person, devourer of books, crafty wanna be, amateur tech support, internet junkie, facebook stalker, tweeter of tweets, Pagan, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, karaoke super-star

Talents...what talents?

I try really hard to hide my talents...so I am not found out. Unfortunately my very best friends have seen me in action and know who to call on in a pinch. Shh! don't tell anyone else.

I got such a call from Tanya, asking me to throw together a parade presentation in a week. The parade theme is Snowball fights and Starry Nights. I need to decorate a camel, 2 horses, and their riders. I wasn't sure how to fit in the Snowball Fights part of the theme, but going on what I had to work with I thought the three wise men and the star would be our best bet. Not extremely original, but this is short notice after all.

Tanya and I spent the day with a $50 budget running all over town gathering supplies to make three wise men costumes, and props, and a sign to put over the camels hump advertising her Grandmas Ranch in Star.(Yes, It is a real baby camel.)

Because I love Tanya and her family, I am donating my time and talents to the Parade. Tanya is coming over tomorrow to be my assistant as we quickly throw together some costumes and props.

Actually I love to do this sort of stuff, it is fun, and challenging, and gives me a rare creative outlet. I am off to bed now, exhausted from shopping and imagining and look forward to a day of cutting, glueing, and sewing tomorrow.

2 COMMENTS (click here!):

Emily said...

SIGH once again I will say it. You ROCK. You are one of the few people I know who can do EVERYTHING

April Mitchell said...

Ha! The secret is my house is totally trashed, because I am neglecting my housewify duties.

Post a Comment

What do you think?